Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Wednesday, 2 December 2015

A Crisis Of The Spirit

Recent events tore my family literally to shreds. Maybe it's my fault? Like most intelligent men, I will not abide militant social justice warriors, the entire liberal progressive political agenda, or sexually disturbed, micro-aggressed f-tards telling me how to think and live. It is my contention that these and other leftist agendas have utterly destroyed the modern western family.

I remember the families and communities of my childhood much the same way Wirecutter remembers his. Back then divorce was seen as a failure and growing up in a broken home was a tragedy. Having to accept social assistance was something you were deeply ashamed of taking, and truly thankful for. I had one old bitch of a teacher in grade 5 - Old Lady Halibut - that flunked me on damn near everything and I hated her with a passion. I wasn't old enough to realize that the old girl was a hold over from depression era educators - and that she was trying to kick our asses into performing up to snuff  and excelling rather than letting us slide like the other teachers. Back then we got in chit for chewing gum in class, running in the halls and stuff like that. Today kids bring guns and drugs to school.

Young Master Davis contrasts the old world and new thusly:

"The counter-culture was right about it (Old World Culture) being repressed and boring – just as our counter-culture is correct about our time being flaccid and degenerate..."

Now that I think of it there were lone voices everywhere crying out in the wilderness, back then. Old Lady Halibut back in grade 5 told us we were growing up weak and soft and stupid - and she would have none of it. She bored us with her stories of growing up in Alberta's pioneer days where life was hard. I think that's what got her 'retired early'. She certainly made the other teachers look pretty awful.  Back then holy rollers from the churches used to go door to door on membership drives. I remember how angry my rabidly liberal mother would get when she rudely brushed off some elderly bible thumper - and got told that she was going to hell for her rudeness! HAR HAR HAR! I suppose I shouldn't laugh. Back in those days the church was plagued by kiddie-diddling priests, scandal, fraud - you name it. They got the kick in the ass they most surely deserved. Today, however the people responsible for all that are infesting the gay, feminist and progressive movements with the same dismal results. People will be people I guess, regardless of the labels ya hang on them.

Today of course those old lone voices are long gone but everything they said has come true. I look around and everyone seems to have fractured families. Mine cracked about 5 years ago; and broke apart for good this fall. Half my friends are divorced. The other half have kids that are walking train wrecks - the kids are into drugs, they're failing even in our dumbed-down mickey mouse public schools or they're having unplanned pregnancies or they're not growing up.

I don't want to talk about my daughter. My in-laws? Gah - those people are progressive liberals and moral and intellectual cripples. My brother in law is a school principal. His wife is a teacher. BOTH their kids have 'learning disabilities'. There's nothing wrong with my nephew or niece from what I've seen except that their parents are assholes. Mommy is a liberal feminist and Dad is a Marxist douche - and they won't discipline their kids. And at school, they have pooch-screwing unionized teachers that aren't accountable or motivated either. Those kids are in for one hell of a ride when they hit the real world - I hope they share it with their parents! HAR HAR HAR! We've become acclimatized and used to this kind of ass-hattery. Even those grumpy old men like me that see it...just shake their heads, roll their eyes and accept it and try not to think about it. What good does it do?

Last weekend the wife went to a ladies luncheon held by a local church group - and she started giving thought to joining that church. They are truly nice people. They have strong marriages. Their kids are great kids. They do real charity work and take care of their own. Apparently one of their disabled members lost her apartment. The donations and cash went out and she got hopping mad! She returned most of it, thanked them profusely for what she kept - and asked if anyone could help her get a JOB. Apparently she had a mentally impaired sister that she had to support too. Yeah - I know, right? Family problems that are NOT self inflicted? Who woulda thunk it possible?!?!? These are my kind of people.

My wife is seeking something to fill the void left by our family problems and she is thinking of joining that church...and I think I approve. Theirs is a small chapel reminiscent of the little churches that peppered Alberta's countryside ages ago. There's a fellowship there that I had thought long extinct. A small group of people, with carefully structured lives just trying to build better ones and be better people. Where Davis Aurini sees repression - I see commonsense enforcement of group societal standards. The women are beautiful and warm. The few men I know from that church are quiet, solid men. I think my wife has found an excellent tribe to replace the diseased one she had.

I would love to join too except I have deep problems with the classical  bible and Christianity. I go along with it as far as "Somebody had to light the fuse on the Big Bang..." but diverge with them after that. I am largely ignorant of their faith. On the other hand - I have some very, very big failures, regrets and sins of my own that torment me all the time. It wears me down sometimes too. To be honest I don't know if they would have me.

I just want to be around happy people that build families and communities rather than reinventing, redefining and ultimately destroying them. Ever notice that? For all their faults Christians take responsibility for their problems whereas liberals celebrate victimhood and blame all their problems on somebody they hate - usually some politically expedient foe.

Some deep thinking is in the works. If you smell rotten wood burning - don't call the fire department - it's only me.

2 comments:

  1. Being a part of a healthy church can be like suddenly expanding your family (but with people that you generally like). Regarding faith, I recently had a crisis of faith after being a life long christian. I couldn't shake a constant sin in my life and I couldn't reconcile my behavior with God. A part of my restoration was realizing that sin was the reason I had faith issues and I could do that because some of the "intellectual" problems with faith were being dismantled by a book I was reading. If you really are questioning and looking, I HIGHLY recommend "The Reason for God" by Timothy Keller. He runs a church in NYC. Instead of circling the wagons regarding skeptics, he embraces that skepticism and meets it with common sense and not high-falut'n theology. I hope you and your wife find peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a part of a healthy church can be like suddenly expanding your family (but with people that you generally like). Regarding faith, I recently had a crisis of faith after being a life long christian. I couldn't shake a constant sin in my life and I couldn't reconcile my behavior with God. A part of my restoration was realizing that sin was the reason I had faith issues and I could do that because some of the "intellectual" problems with faith were being dismantled by a book I was reading. If you really are questioning and looking, I HIGHLY recommend "The Reason for God" by Timothy Keller. He runs a church in NYC. Instead of circling the wagons regarding skeptics, he embraces that skepticism and meets it with common sense and not high-falut'n theology. I hope you and your wife find peace.

    ReplyDelete