Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Monday, 21 December 2015

The Snot Nosed Flu Blues

Do you ever go and get that free 'flu shot' they have going on at all the pharmacies? I never do and each year I get the cold and flu and wish I had. For me it always seems to involve another symptom - when I get sick, my skin turns lobster-red and it feels like a sun-burn...and then afterward it peels like a sunburn too.

I went down on Friday and sent a terse text to The Crack to let him know I was out for the day. Then I slammed a big gulp of scotch and went to bed. The weekend was a blur spent gobbling Tylenol and Contac C...and when I got in today I had one exchange with The Crack and almost went home again.

Of course, he figured I was faking it because that's how everyone gets a long weekend around here. He knows, because I'm sure he does it too. In any event he tried to give me a verbal reprimand and I verbally told him to go sod himself. I'm 51 years old, I'm not a kid taking time off to party or goof off and I was in no mood for his BS today because I could use another day off too, truth be told.

Afterward I felt kinda bad unloading on him like that. Then I found out the goof had somehow scored a date on Friday for a Christmas party and wanted me in the office to babysit and lock up. For that guy to get a date, it takes an act of parliament, and all the stars and planets have to align in just a certain way. Suffice it to say it is a rare event. If I had been up to snuff it wouldn't have been a problem.

I can't deal with this nonsense today, all I wanna do is go home, grab a mutt and crash on the floor with a blanket. All I need is one more day...

No comments:

Post a Comment