Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Thursday, 26 May 2016

A Ghastly Death

What a horrible way to go...

It drives home the fact that there is no mercy or fairness in the real world. Mother Nature, Darwin, Murphy, the fates...call them what you will - they don't give a flying fig about whether we live or die or how. When your number's up - it's UP.

Once I was out hunting and this mangy, crippled coyote crawled out of the bush about 30 yards in front of me. His back legs weren't working and he was a wretch running on fumes. Do you know that those things have the same eyes as your dog does - with all the same intellect going on behind them? That poor bugger just looked me in the eye for a bit, and then laid there.

I shot him.

There are the pasty faced city kids and tree huggers that yammer about the sanctity and beauty of nature. You know the type - the whale watching beardoes in their $2500.00 Kevlar kayaks, their homely, greasy flat chested girl friends with their top of the line Goretex wardrobe and expensive cameras...

Looking back on that I was glad I was there to send that yodeller on to the next world.

4 comments:

  1. It's always the eyes, isn't it? Glad you had enough respect and compassion to put it out of it's misery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks CM - and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. I was going to shoot my terminally ill pug but couldn't pull the trigger. So I took him to the vet and got him an injection.

      Delete
    3. I was going to shoot my terminally ill pug but couldn't pull the trigger. So I took him to the vet and got him an injection.

      Delete