Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Saturday, 14 May 2016

An Appropriate Theme Song For "Everybody's Got To Be Somewhere" Blog

 
 
 
 
I discovered this friendly old balladeer the other day and laughed like a loon. I didn't know he was an accomplished singer...

It's Saturday and I was thinking enviously of BW - he's probably 10 miles west of East Overshoe Alberta right now - or finding a world of faded dreams in the dust of some long abandoned corner of the province.

Bah! Screw him...I gotta go do yard work, paint and chores...I think I'll enjoy some sour grapes and think about how sun burned he is going to get...

Oh. Wait...doh!!!!

5 comments:

  1. You could post photos of your yard work.... We know it's hard to get away and find some fantastic old buildings, a long abandoned train or a mountain so damn magnificent it just takes your breath away. Sometimes a painted fence can be kinda pretty....sometimes. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a chance. My skills at landscaping are not anywhere close to those of you and your husband over at Coopville! We will never make Better Homes And Gardens like you two...but our modest little home is paid for and that is a big deal right now in Alberta's tanking economy...

      Delete
  2. Actually I was way south of Manyberries, Alberta. It seemed like the thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be over to admire the pics shortly, BW! Were you on the scoot?

      Delete
    2. Too much gravel for the bike. Victoria Day weekend is/was to be a bike trip, the weather is conspiring against me. Too many photos this last weekend, it will take me a week to sort out the shots.

      Delete