Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Saturday, 7 May 2016

It's A Matter Of Time

The best value in mechanical self winding watches is the Boschett Cave Dweller. It's a boutique watch with a good quality Japanese copy of the Swiss ETA watch movement - and she's water resistant to 1000m.

 
I bought it ro a bout $400.00 about 4 or 5 years ago. It's battered and beat, the bracelets crapping out... but she still runs like a top!

I dunno why but now I'm getting the hankering for another one - this time, something way over on the high tech side. That means atomic time, solar power and onboard microprocessors and sensors.

I was astonished to find that the Casio G-Shocks are available in some high end models. Used to be they were bargain bin throw aways...

 
Hmmmmm....$775.00 on Amazon...

Maybe I should throw the work watch away and just use my cell phone for time keeping...?

6 comments:

  1. The clock on my phone works great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stackz - how the bloody hell are you? I thought you had gone MIA?

      Hope all is well over there! Good to see ya! ;)

      Delete
    2. Shoot me an email @ thebeardedbackyarder@gmail and I'll fill you in.

      Delete
  2. I hear you can buy these things on time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have six watches and only two of them work. I was quoted over $300 repair for a '60s Bulova I have. I think I'll start repairing watches myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete