Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Sunday, 15 May 2016

We Are Reborn; There's New Grass On The Field

 
Super Dave Osborne prior to launch on Dawn Patrol today
 
 
I love Bremner Field. Our airstrip is located about 5 miles out of town and is big enough to land  real airplanes. The grass is maintained and groomed so that golfers could almost putt on it. I was the only one out there this morning and the locals were surprised to see me so early in the day. A couple of geese sat out on the north/south runway heckling and glurting their disapproval of my airmanship. A little while later - while I was up in the air - a flock of insolent black birds settled in on my runway to pick for grubs and seeds. I did a few low passes over the runway to try and shoo them off but they just looked at the plane with disgust and went back to feeding. I started to panic because I was running out of fuel and the little bastards wouldn't give way. I needn't have worried; when I ran out and dead-sticked the plane in the little birds moved out of the way as it came in and didn't seem to think anything of it. The bloody cheek! I'm sure you can imagine my chagrin. (Actually it was a charming way for an old fart to greet a new Sunday!) The little black birds were still stuffing themselves when I packed up and left! HAR HAR HAR!
 
 
Screw you too, you cheeky little kipper! Next time, if I see you on MY runway, I 'm gonna run you through the prop like a Moulinex!
 
 
With the badly behaved black birds beaten - it's now time for Captain Sweatpants and his fearless canine cohorts to patrol the neighbourhood for senior delinquency! Crime never sleeps! Enjoy your Sunday, all!


3 comments:

  1. Neat!!! If I had time for another hobby you can bet your ass it would be flying those types of airplanes. So cool if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are cool PP! I have a new plane to try this year and I am dreading it. It's a low wing tail dragger with super-fast handling characteristics whereas that one in the pic is a gentle, well mannered trainer. The first flight is a guaranteed pantaloon-filler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always like RC planes and boats. I'm a little surprised that the birds didn't flush, but maybe that's just as well. Hitting a flock of blackbirds with an RC plane might be a Pyrrhic victory.

    ReplyDelete