Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Friday, 5 August 2016

Somewhere West Of Hinton, And East Of The Rockies A Couple Days Ago


As a rule I don't like full face helmets and were it not for the safety Nazis and the bedwetters I probably wouldn't wear a helmet at all for the most part. But up in the mountain passes or in serious weather it is the only way to go. Ours have intercoms so we can chatter as we ride. The big Kawasaki purred along, uphill and down and didn't miss a beat.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having decent weather. I was on my bike in Hinton last month and rode through pouring rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby and I wore 'trooper' helmets with goggles or sun glasses. Couldn't stand the full helmet with the face mask - seems the bugs and beetles always went right under that shield and you couldn't swat them away. Always wore a helmet and good boots - saw what was left when one person didn't.

      Delete
    2. We got a little rain BW - I would not want to chance that road in foul weather.

      You are of course correct, CM. But on the lonely back roads where it's only me, myself and I - I would love to be able to take that damned lid off and not have to worry about fines and demerits and all the crap that goes along with the crime of daring to ride without a lid.

      Delete