Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Saturday, 29 October 2016

Contain The Rage, Filthie! Contain The RAGE!!!!

Aw jeeez!!!

This morning I went out to make a formal attempt at FPV Crapcoptering (and failed).

On the way back, a couple girls were out on their horses - whadda they call 'em? "Paints"? Looks like someone sloshed 'em with white and black paint? Anyhoo, they were out in a harvested and cut field. A couple of flocks of Canada geese went glurting overhead, flying almost low enough to take their hats. To finish it off, we had the gloomy October fall skies going on.

I couldn't even get a friggin cell pic! If I hadda gotten that one, I would have put the BOOTS to CW, BW and even Norman Rockwell himself!

Once in a lifetime pictures like that are the stuff of memories... and this is why the damn kids carry the things around everywhere they go. I suppose I should have been happy just to have seen it...but it would have been a major score to have gotten a picture to share.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about the missed photo op. I used to hear brown and white horses called "paints" and black and white horses called "pintos." I don't know if that's correct or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Paint is a specific breed of horse, while a pinto is a color combination. Generally if you took two colors of paint and used a few swipes with a big brush, you're looking at a pinto; could be a pinto quarterhorse, thoroughbred, standardbred, saddlebred, a pony, whatever. A Paint can be pinto colored, or a solid color of some sort, but it's an actual breed, like a quarterhorse or thoroughbred.

    Of course, if you take my paint brush suggestion literally, you'd be looking at an embarrassed horse and a very pissed off owner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I though, WL. A 'pinto' (if I recall correctly) is like a 'mustang' - a horse of mixed ancestry... but I thought the paint was too... I am not an equestrian either.

      Delete