Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Sunday, 30 October 2016

Profanity

In the 52 years I've known my father I have NEVER ONCE heard him use the F word. When he's mad he'll blister paint with obscenities - but he has to be REALLY, mad. By contrast I was dropping F Bombs since grade 1. The other kids swore like truckers so I did too - and still will on occasion when I am overcome by uncontrollable fits of stupidity.

But, getting back to Pop - once he almost dropped the F bomb when we almost got T-boned by an inattentive Pajeet/kebab truck driver who dared a red light. He missed us by inches. The old man was as white as a sheet! "Holy....F....ffff..."

"Holy fuck!" I said - and he just nodded and just slumped his head on the steering wheel in relief. "Got any toilet paper on ya, Glen..." he said...

That was one time. The other time? Well - it went something like this:


HAR HAR HAR! True story, I swear. Now - if anyone needs me, I'm off to pay my respects to my wife and her eeeeeevil Christians at the church, and maybe sneak in a quick Crapcopter flight beforehand! It's mighty thoughtful of them - they put the school playground next to the church where I put on an airshow! I can do my thing and then walk right in to church without missing a beat!

God, and life, are generous!  :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your dad and you chose to not use the "F-word," at least as you got older. Still, it's bad enough to SAY it (and take the Lord's title in vain), but it's far worse to write or type it. I keep a three strikes rule on Facebook, and eventually quit following bloggers who use too much foul language. Saying something off the cuff can happen before we think, writing or typing such words shows premeditation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yannow Gorges, I was raised as well as a couple of well-meaning liberals could raise a kid. Fact is - the did a lot better with us than most liberals do with their kids. Materially we wanted for nothing... but there were some serious omissions in my childhood (or maybe not so serious, depending on how ya look at it)... but I'm getting there. I slip and fall now and then and that just doesn't work around decent people. Now that the wife runs with quite a few respectable elderly Christians, I'm an old dog that needs to learn some new tricks and fast - or I will have my can kicked to the curb.

      Delete
  2. writing it is because of lack of a thesaurus.

    i have started saying it in anger ,i think, because i hear it all over the place and simple minds just absorb it. not an excuse and am trying to control it. shame on me. afraid daughter will pick it up unthinkingly if i say it. garbage in, garbage out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, Deb. Only we can clean up our acts too. It's too bad you can't spank old farts because it would probably speed up the learning process!

      Delete