Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Saturday, 11 February 2017

How Many Intellectuals Does It Take To...

A-HYUK! A-HYUK! A-HYUK!

I didn't always like Borepatch. At first he came across to me as a stuffed shirt putting on airs of fake academic intellectualism and despite his gunnery -  I was getting ready to banish him off my intellectual radar screen as another poseur among many.

Then he wrote an astounding piece drawing parallels between The Buckwheat Administration and that of one of the more poxy emporer/tyrants of the declining Roman empire before it fell back in ancient times. It was so well written and thought out that I had to fact check it for myself. Even that was wonderful reading. He thinks - and he can make others think too! I suspect a liberal would have been as taken with it as I was. There's not many bloggers out there that can do that - I know I can't. I had my own epiphany when - after I read it - I realized that history certainly does repeat.

But he's one of those perplexing men that will do spectacular work and blow your doors off one day - and then vapour lock and poop the bed the next. Then he's just another a-hole with an opinion like the rest of us.

Today he realized that Trump is a non-conventional thinker! And ya know what else? So are some of his team too!!! Who woulda thunk it?!?!? HAR HAR HAR!!!! Captain Obvious to the bridge! On the double!!!

Dammit. If I had the intellectual and historical acumen he does though,  I would write a scholarly piece about how liberals are not like the citizens of a decaying Roman empire - they are the stinking, uncivilized butt-scratching Gauls and Huns watching the approach of Julius Ceasar and his legions.



Lookit. A classicle 19th century oil painting that
makes even Filthie's Thunderbox
reek of intellectualism and cultural sophisticashin.

Okay! Alright! I tried...okay?!?!? Sadly, any efforts at civility and culture around here are pretty much a waste of time. This morning we do coffee with Mary and Pete at Starbucks - then the wife goes and does her errands and church stuff while I hit the rifle range. After that I'm off to Coopville to negotiate with King Charlie for the return of my bubble gum. (He will fold like a cheap tent when I throw a Tupperware full of leftover noodles on the bargaining table. (That's how ya build empires, rubes. (Now that I think about it I should probly give Unca Bob a stern lesson in remedial geopolitics. He and his simian barbarians at the Treehouse have absolutely no clue about the concept).)).

Hope ya all have a good weekend lined up for yourselves!

Cheers!

PS... Holy chit! There actually IS a very subtle, unintended joke hidden in that painting above as it pertains to this scholarly screed! I just saw it - and BP would probly get it in a second! HAR HAR HAR!!! HAR HAR HAR!!!! Can you figure it out?

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete