Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Saturday, 18 February 2017

There Goes $22,000.00...




What's $22k Canadian? $7.23 American?




My beloved pronounces her approval of my
new mobile forest deployment unit.

I must have rocks in my head. I done it. It's got a microwave, a cheezy little sink and a propane stove which is massive overkill for us considering we've always tented it. Heated mattresses, two propane bottles, two batteries and a fridge. Underneath the beds is a storage unit with a chemical toilet. I am going to pull that out and put it beside the steps. I can hardly wait: I will pull into the Mohave Rat's yard in the middle of the night, silently set up camp and in the morning, the old fart will wake up to look out the window and see me taking my ease on the plastic crapper, grunting and farting and reading a newspaper - in his front yard! HAR HAR HAR!!!! HAR HAR HAR!!! His old lady will shriek in fright!!!  :) :) :)  Does anyone know how those things work? I suppose when I fill it I will just pour it out in Rat's flower beds when it's time for me to move on. Fertilizer dontchya know.



Up front is a cargo compartment that will house my
camp chair, booze and assault rifles.

When I am not being a prick in the USA I will just cruise the gun club circuit, dropping in to shoot at some of the tournaments and maybe just watching and heckling at the others. I tried to beat up the salesman but hell's bells, they don't dicker or haggle at all anymore. Don't like it Filthie? Piss off! Getting a free deep cycle battery thrown in was like pulling teeth.

I just gagged on the price but good grief, people were in there signing on the dotted line in DROVES for the BIG units costing near or even well over $100k. Couldn't believe the number of kids in there...where do they get the money? They have to be going into debt on a stellar scale. I think it's harder to piss away big gobs of cash when ya have to pay up front and look at it go. Financing 'sanitizes' debt and if yer dumb enough you can forget what your signing on for. Then it's Ramen noodles and Kraft Dinner until the accounts square.

I'm still in shock over actually doing this. I am ordinarily cheap a tightwad careful with my money and I need to get back in the habit again. Fortunately I LIKE Kraft Dinner and Ramen noodles and it's high time I started brewing and drinking my own beer again. I only did this because about 15 years ago I finally bought an ATV. Those things are awesome if your a kid ... but the thrill goes out of them the older and the grumpier you get. I waited too long and should have bought one much sooner than I actually did. I may have waited to long on this toy too...we'll see.

With luck I will be submitting photos for CW's Friday Open road this year.

Cold weather camping, Slim Potatohead Style:


15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    3. I'm sorry WL!!!

      I had The Mohave Rat spamming my blog with bullshit and I tried to delete his crap - but ended up deleting a bunch of comments I didn't intend to! No offense meant!

      This is what comes of trying to blog at 3:30am.... :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete