Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Thursday, 9 March 2017

It Passes.

Toird...Turdie...TB over at The Forty-Five seems to be facing a bridge too far.

I think everyone has moments like that and for me they kinda provide a measure of awareness. I look at the iceburgs and disasters of my life wondering what would have happened if I had had the sense to avoid them - and it gives me a sense of perspective with which to view my fellow tool-using super apes: they're in the same boat.

It's all too easy for a guy to internalize chit like that and beat himself up with it. It's easy to see others doing it but it's different when ya do it to yourself.


Damn straight.
Do they make boards in man's XL? I'll need a high tensile strength rope.
BW's scoot won't pull a load like that without blowing
the engine; maybe he can pilot my rocket powered Kawasaki cruiser? Chit,
that thing'll probly blow too! Uncle Bob's Lotus
sports car should give us the speed...


Sometimes kids make better role models than the adults do. They don't worry about crap like this.

2 comments:

  1. Right. Shoulda-woulda-coulda, and hindsight being 20-20 I would-a bought Microsoft stock when it opened, bet on Benedictus to win at 90 to 1, and taken out a restraining order on Migraine One ten minutes after I met her. I didn't do any of those things, but as I sit here and type I find that I have few problems that can't be overcome with a shot or two of ice cold gin.

    I'm thinking of buying a motorcycle. The last time I rode a bike was 1970. I'm old and fat and uglier than the back end of a Mexican bus. Any suggestions?

    On the kind of bike to buy, wise guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it, Jack! I would go metric, for a bagger. Pick a size ya know works - and start doing miles. If I were to downsize I would look hard at those Honda Shadows and possibly the Goldwings.

      Delete