Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Thursday, 20 April 2017

Friday Wind In The Wires: The Drifter?




What is it? A Drifter...?


I'm asking because I don't know. The Drifter is the same plane in concept but relies on a single pusher engine whereas this one is an amphibious twin engine job. I've never seen one in a twin engine configuration... I'm guessing they're Rotax 912's because for some reason, owners don't seem to favour the lighter two cycle engines for these birds. I'm just spit balling here but I would say he's up around 10,000 ft. Here in Canada unpressurized aircraft aren't allowed to go over 13,000 ft. At least, that was the way of it 15 years ago.

2 comments:

  1. It's a Lockwood Aircam. Lockwood makes the Drifter also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right MD. My Google-Fu is not what it should be...

      Delete