Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Friday, 12 May 2017

Friday Wind In The Wires


Gonna be drivin' home for most of the day today. While I'm a guest in Fort McMurray, I stay at the opulent and glamourous Advantage Inn, where I enjoy all the comforts of home!


Reminds me of that old chit house graffiti. Down the door of the stall,
if ya leaned over, you could barely read the message: IF YOU
CAN READ THIS, YOU ARE LEANING AT A 45 DEGREE ANGLE AND
YOU'RE SHITTING ON YOUR BALLS.

When I saw that, I would write a little lower down:
IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU'RE SHITTING ON THE FLOOR

That's one helluva lean out just to wipe. I suspect that most rig-pigging guests just do as I do and zip up and forget about it, HAR HAR HAR!!!

(Arlight! Okay! No, I don't really do that. And I wash my hands too. Sheesh!)

Where was I?

Oh yes! *Ahem* - the wind in the wires!

On road trips I like to save the coolest customers to visit for last. And for Ft. Mac, that means the aviation industry guys.




The boys at Phoenix take their whirly-birds very seriously indeed.


If that isn't the coolest weather vane ever...


I've never seen so many choppers on the ground at once out here before. Must a been dozens. My national sales manager is so damn stupid, he will look at something like that and say 'Look at that! Look at all the business there is going on up here!!! Why aren't you getting any of it?!?!" When I explain to him that if the economy were good, those birds would all be in the air MAKING money as opposed to sitting on the ground COSTING money... at which point he starts shouting and waving his pudgy little fists around and accusing me of every sin under the sun.

Got my first job interview lined up for Monday, so there's that. The trick now is to avoid jumping outta the frying pan and into the fire! HAR HAR HAR!

Happy Friday, y'all!!!



3 comments:

  1. Good to hear it. I hope you get a new job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some folks have NO idea what the signs are for a prospering business. I hope you don't just get another job, but one you LIKE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well a guy has to find the right fit, right? It might take some job hopping - but I've done that before...

    ReplyDelete