Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Spring In Fort Mac



Last time I was up here a month ago it was in the low -30's C with the windchill. A raven perched on the rear view mirror of my truck hoping for an invite to come in and share my coffee, HAR HAR HAR!

Today spring is finally here, and not a moment too soon.




I was over at Chicken Mom's watching her attack chickens patrolling the lush green lawns ... gawd, how I miss the 'green'. For us up here the leaves are just starting to bud.


I'm sitting up here, making my notes and phone calls and teeing up my day for tomorrow, and watching the kids as my gums flap at 100 MPH. The park is full of young mothers with their babies and they're beautiful. They remind me of my wife and daughter long ago, in better times.

Yannow it didn't seem like better times at the time! Is it age and maturity that warps perception, or exhuberence and youth???\


I love this guy's back yard. See the businesslike little treehouse
starting off to the left? Uncle Bob would have approved.


Dammit. I better get back to work or I will be stretched out on the grass and snoring when I should be working.  There is no rest for the wicked and wretched! HAR HAR HAR!!!

2 comments:

  1. Is it age and maturity that warps perception, or exhuberence and youth? - Youth; we don't don't have sense enough to come in out of the rain when we're young. Sadly, by the time we're old enough to know anything, it's too late to put our knowledge to use.

    ReplyDelete