Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Sunday, 11 June 2017

There's A Couple BW And Jenn Won't Get

Bah. Who am I kidding? Those two have been around the province 6 times already and twice again on Sunday!



A couple weekends ago I was out and about and pulled into this one. Can't remember which one it is, it was fenced off so I didn't go in. I strongly suspect this one is going to get renovated sooner rather than later - when you get up close you see the signs of age these old churches get. Yannow what's best about these old ones though? No parking lots! There was a community hall right beside it and it was grass all the way around it too! And it wasn't a soft lawn - I could ride my big bike over it with ease. Park your cruiser on it, or hobble the horses and let 'em start cropping grass! This one was Polish and if I recall Skaro was just a bit up the road and north.

I was gonna light 'er up and head back home and I had barely pulled outta that one - and found this one:


This is the Ukranian Orthodox out at Limestone Lake,
built in 1939. It's grass all the way around too.

Like the intrepid scooter explorer - I just headed out of town because I had to be somewhere else, I guess. Problem is I tend to forget where I went and how I got there! HAR HAR HAR! Sheesh! If a fella has to be somewhere, ya'd think he would at least know where he is!

Oh well, that's just the way it is for some of us. I don't know where I'm going, but I'll soon know where I've been.

I think.



That's what my hair looks like!!! :)

4 comments:

  1. Part of the fun is not knowing where you will end up except it will always be "somewhere".

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter where ya go, there you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter where ya go, there you are.

    ReplyDelete