Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude

Filthie's Mobile Fortress Of Solitude
Where Great Intelligence Goes To Be Insulted

Tuesday, 27 June 2017

Foraging: Going Off-Grid With Gorges Grouse


My wife is actually and accomplished forager/gatherer. She knows quite a bit about the plants and their properties and is something of an out hose herbologist I suppose. She picks mostly berries when she does it though.

Over on Gorges blog he talks about doing some foraging and I figure I can learn him a thing or two on the art.



When we were kids we loved burning these things because they burn like the torches. In any event, a little more mustard'll probly do the trick!

3 comments:

  1. George could wright a survival manual for surviving on plants in a walmart parking lot. When the great gravy train rolls to a halt and the natives are fighting for the last scrap of fat back in walmart, ol George will be parked out in the lot with a pot of greens simmering and watching the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't doubt it for a second SBF. And the older I get, the more interested I become in that kind of thing. When I was younger I didn't have the time of day for it...

      Delete
  2. I remember showing Main Lady sponge mushrooms and puffball mushrooms that I found growing around my folks' place, and explaining that they were good to eat. She wouldn't touch 'em since they didn't come from a store. No, I don't understand either.

    ReplyDelete